The next generation of Android EPOS terminals from the Casio VR Range is The V-R200. The VR200 is a highly refined, all-in-one EPOS terminal that embodies a full range of advanced capabilities.
The V-R200 POS terminal operates on flash ROM technology and provides the flexibility and security of the Android platform, without the hassle of expensive and unreliable hard drives or noisy cooling fans. As a successor to the popular and innovative V-R100, Casio’s V-R200 offers the same hardware configuration as its predecessor, with a 10.4” adjustable color touch screen, a built-in thermal printer, Ethernet ports and a swivel 2 X 20 customer display. Additional new features exclusive to the V-R200 include:
- Faster thermal printer (120mm/sec vs. 70mm/sec)
- Newer Android platform
- Improved printer paper guide
- Improved printer cover (latched rather than completely removable)
- External power supply
- Increased memory - 1GB of RAM
- USB port can be used as a Host or Client communications
The VR200 working together with wireless router and hand held Android devices
(more details to follow shortly)
Available integrated Chip and PIN and Contactless payment solution for the V-R range.
- Accepts Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, AMEX, Apple Pay, Android Pay
- Great rates and support from the UK’s largest payment service provider
- Integrates seamlessly into the Casio POS application
- Reduces operator error – no need to key the Sales Total into the PDQ
- PCI compliant – the PDQ handles the payment processing
- Can be configured for Pounds or Euros
- Compatible with cash register app version 4.6.2 and ERA 3.x
Casio’s V-R200 is an open platform terminal, providing users with the option of either leveraging Casio’s standard software (version 4.6.0 and higher) or utilizing a third party application.
Casio's standard application is designed for quick service, cafeteria, concession, and retail operations, and includes features such as multiple menu screens and price levels, large item file, modifier windows, historical reporting, customer file for both loyalty and transaction charges, reservation file, and more. It also offers the ability to send reports automatically to an FTP site or to be emailed. On the open platform side of the V-R200, Casio provides a DCL (Device Control Library) to other POS software companies looking to interface their software on the V-R platform. This allows users to leverage a variety of software applications to run on the model, which are designed for a range of businesses.